The provincial government policy requiring key infrastructure projects to be built using the Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) framework continues to be one of the top issues worrying B.C.’s construction industry.
Join us at Division meetings in November to get an update on:
- The legal challenge to the CBA brought by VRCA and its industry partners;
- Ongoing CBA advocacy activities; and
- Changes to the CBA document that now provide higher wages for the Pattullo Bridge replacement and Broadway Subway projects, and increased hours for specialized workers.
While VRCA will continue to advocate on provincial and national issues, in the coming months it plans to pursue some of the regional advocacy issues that cause our members angst. To help VRCA understand the range of regional issues and how to prioritize them, members are invited to participate in November’s roundtable discussions. Your participation will help VRCA understand:
- The regional issue(s) of greatest concern for industry;
- The impact of the issues;
- The suggested solutions to the issues; and
- How VRCA should prioritize its regional advocacy work.
VRCA will hold three Division meetings in November:
- Monday, Nov. 18 – Manufacturers & Suppliers (and professional service providers) Division
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 – General Contractors Division
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 – Trade Contractors Division
Each meeting will be held in the VRCA boardroom from 3:30 – 5 p.m.
You can download the agenda and register now using the links above.
Division meetings are crucial to VRCA’s advocacy work – they are an opportunity to collect feedback from members regarding industry issues and to get members’ direction on how VRCA can best address those issues, locally, provincially and/or nationally.
If you wish to dial in to the meeting, the call-in details are:
- Telephone: (844) 511-2074
- Access code: 993-109-319