VRCA has completed its industry-wide education needs assessment, designed to ensure that our members have access to the education they need in a format that suits them best.
As of January 3, 2019 the Public Report is now available for viewing. This report shares the outcomes of the trends and needs that reflect the industry and education needs identified, not just the VRCA-specific ones.
Key milestones for this project are:
May 2017: Board of Directors identifies in VRCA’s 2017-2020 strategic plan the need for VRCA to foster a culture of continuous learning across the industry by providing world-class technical and non-technical education and training.
Dec 2017: VRCA applies for a grant from the Real Estate Foundation of BC (REFBC) to hire a consultant to perform the industry-wide education needs assessment.
March 2018: VRCA is awarded a grant from REFBC.
April 2018: VRCA launches an RFP calling for consultants to respond to specific project criteria.
May 2018: VRCA selects RDH Building Science as its consultant partner for this project.
June-Oct 2018: RDH undertakes the necessary research and analysis activities.
Nov 2018: RDH presents the results of the education needs assessment to VRCA.
New courses are being added to the Education Calendar, based on the results of the education needs assessment.
First out of the gate has been the launch of two new classroom courses:
- Planning for Foremen
- Lean Project Delivery Bootcamp
Both of these courses have continuously sold out when offered!
Additional new courses will be added to the Education Calendar on an ongoing basis, and in Spring 2019, an in-depth analysis will be performed by VRCA to identify how successful the new course offerings have been.
VRCA will be looking for new instructors and courses over the winter/spring of 2018 and 2019. VRCA uses the following criteria to assess potential new courses and instructors:
- Is the service provider a recognized expert in the field?
- Does the service provider have content that has been delivered to audiences in the past?
- What format does the delivery take e.g. info sharing, group exercises, module learning, homework between modules?
- Can the service provider provide feedback assessments from previous deliveries?
- Can the service provider provide VRCA with client references for us to connect with?
- Is the service provider’s price point competitive and workable from our budgetary perspective?
If you have any questions regarding VRCA’s Education Program, please contact Andrea Ringrose, Manager, Education at [email protected].