VRCA is excited to present a new online course entitled Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace.
This course will explore how respectful and inclusive workplaces benefit everyone by eliminating discrimination and harassment. Tradespeople and supervisors in the construction and maintenance industry will learn how to create a culture of respect through inclusive communication, teamwork and mentorship.
This course will teach participants to:
• understand industry expectations for respectful and inclusive workplaces;
• know how to lead by example to help create a respectful and inclusive workplace;
• know how to communicate more effectively with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances;
• know how to include the perspectives of team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances into decision-making and problem-solving; and
• work more effectively in mentorship relationships with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances to transfer trade and workplace knowledge to the next generation.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for one (1) Gold Seal credit.
The course content is self-paced, accessible 24/7 and takes approximately three hours to complete.
For more information or to sign up for this online course, please click here.